Deterrence is a key part of AFSTRAT.
AFSTRAT draws from the Chief of Air Force’s strategic assessment upon assuming command of Air Force, the Chief’s Intent, the 2020 Defence Strategic Update and Defence Planning Guidance 20/21.
AFSTRAT 2020 will outline the five Lines of Effort, and the subsequent strategic directions associated with Integrated Air and Space Power for the Joint Force.
1. Delivering air and space power as part of the joint force
2. Developing an intelligent and skilled workforce
3. Deepening relationships, strengthening engagement
4. Evolving Air Force culture
5. Agile and coherent governance
Deter behaviours and policies that are counter to Australia’s interests by contributing to WoAG efforts through the joint force to expose and discourage grey zone tactics and political warfare