How does air power contribute to national power?
What is national Power?
- Air power is an essential component of Australia’s national military power.
- Australia’s national security is premised on a whole-of-government approach across the national security community.
- The elements of shape, deter and respond form the conceptual framework for Air Force’s contribution to Australia’s military strategy.
- Defence has an enduring responsibility to generate, employ and sustain air power to secure Australia and its national interests.
- Air power plays a key role in the ADF’s ability to pursue an effects-based approach to national security.
- Legal, moral and ethical principles govern how Australia employs its military capabilities